2.28.2006

Thank heaven for little girls!

We were out of town over the weekend, accompanying the MYF to Gatlinburg, TN, on the annual ski/snowboarding trip. Since I don’t partake in either, I spent most of the weekend perusing outlets and shops for cute stuff for Lily Kate. I got some adorable things, which I will post pictures of soon. I am gathering quite a little collection, but since I have no idea how old she will be, or what size she will wear, I am buying 12-18 months or older, to be sure they will fit, at some point. Chinese babies are, for the most part, smaller than American babies, but you never know; we could end up with a chunk (or a little peanut). I am sure I will be dashing around buying stuff right before we leave that will fit her then, but it is SO MUCH FUN to buy little dresses and imagine her in them. I have bought many gifts over the years for expectant friends and relatives, as well as nieces and nephews; it just feels really good to buy stuff for OUR baby. And oh, what a decked-out little girl she will be, as I will make sure she wears dresses and skirts and bows in her hair as often as possible - every day if I have my way!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan
    I am glad to hear you had a nice trip. I too spent the weekend shopping for Sophia. I feel the same way about finally being able to buy things for OUR little girl.I went to Babies-R-Us and bought a bikini and several dresses for Sophia so I know how you feel.

    Enjoy it !

    Susan R.
    EAC
    LID 01/10/06
    waiting for Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,

    Marcia said she went shopping with you and bought a few things, too. Isn't it fun!?!

    Magi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,

    Tonight was my first visit to your site. I linked into from a comment you posted on waitingforsopnie.com. I love your name choice. I have been favoring Lily Grace, but I don't have husband buy-in yet. Anyway, I am wondering what size clothes you selected and how you made your decision.

    Caroline
    LID 1/23/06
    www.hawkssister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete