4.17.2006

Easter Recap


We had a really great Easter Weekend. Seeing the Passion of the Christ again on Friday really put things in perspective for me. It's a tough film to watch on many levels, but doing the Easter Cantata and hearing the story again made things really resonate with me.

Our cantata was called Three Days. We had a 19-piece orchestra and a 40+ member choir. Our church is relatively small, so you can imagine it was pretty powerful! I enjoy singing in the choir so much and it's a blessing to be a part of such a loving, dedicated and talented group of people. I am moved beyond words by their love and acceptance of me. I have never felt so at home in a church and am so very grateful for such a warm and wonderful church family.

The dinner Saturday night for my Dad's birthday turned out great. It's hard to believe my Dad just turned 70! He doesn't look it and stays extremely active and busy - probably even busier than before he retired. My brother Steve and sister-in-law Cindy were there as well, along with our niece Erica (wassup E!), who made the long drive from Carrollton. It was a fun night.

My parents also came last night to hear us sing, so it was good to see so much of them this weekend. We were also glad to see our friends, Tim and Melanie and Jonathan's grandparents last night as well. What a great end to a beautiful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter! You have been officially tagged! Post 6 weird facts about yourself and then invite 6 others to do the same. LOL
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete