4.27.2006

Our Anniversary


On this day, four years ago, Jonathan and I took our wedding vows, before God and all our family and friends. When I stood at the doorway with my Dad, looking down the aisle, to the altar where Jonathan was waiting, I didn’t feel one bit nervous. I knew, with absolute certainty, that I was marrying my God-given husband. I felt such overwhelming joy and peace as we moved down the aisle, I was even chatting to people and smiling at everyone. It all felt completely right and I remember wanting to savor every second, so I would never forget how I felt then. In our pictures from that day, we look so incredibly happy, because we were… and we are. Marriage has changed us certainly, but in ways I never could imagine. We’ve gone through some difficult times, but we have grown together and become closer, more ourselves somehow.

I am still amazed each and every day that he is my husband. I can’t wait to see what the years ahead bring and can’t imagine going through any if it without him. He is the best friend I have ever had. Knowing and loving him has made me a better person. Our daughter will be so blessed having him as a father and I can’t wait to see the two of them together...to hear her say "Daddy" and for us to be family. Happy Anniversary my sweet husband!

5 comments:

  1. Susan and Jonathan

    Congratulations on 4 years of marriage. You all are special people and are lucky to have each other. Your daughter will be an extension of your love. Your family is so blessed.

    Best Wishes

    Your travel mates
    Susan and Riz
    We feel lucky to have in our travel group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look incredible!!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just happen to come across your blog... congratulations on your anniversary and found your blog to be interesting and will keep checking in as soon as possible...
    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, dear friends!

    Do you have an idea how lucky you are???...to be so much in love, to be best buddies and soon you will be blessed with a little daughter to extend the circle of love, laughter and new beginnings!
    Be blessed!!
    Hugs and smiles,

    Lizeth

    ReplyDelete