5.08.2006

Back from paradise

Well, we are back from the beach and had a fabulous time! The weather turned out to be perfect, despite the predictions. We spent a lot of time on the beach and the rest shopping, eating, relaxing and laughing. I bought Lily Kate a couple of gifts, including an adorable dress – I think we are up to about 25 by now!! I will post some pictures tonight, if possible. The house we stayed in had a highchair, as well as a kid-size Adirondack chair on the front porch. All ready for Lily Kate’s 1st beach trip this time next year!

Today marks our 4 month anniversary of officially waiting. We hoped this would be the half-way point, but that seems unlikely now. The most recent group from our agency waited 10+ months. I still hold on to the hope that we will have Lily Kate home by Christmas! Anything is possible, right?

Our next trip will be to Savannah at the end of the month, where we will be meeting up with a couple of families who are in our China group. I have spoken to Susan on the phone and traded emails for awhile now, so it will be great to meet her and Riz in person. Mark and Gigi will also be there, who we haven’t “met” yet, but are really looking forward to doing so. Seeing a few familiar faces when we arrive in Beijing will be wonderful, as we will be seeing and experiencing so many new things. Savannah is one of our favorite places and we are staying at a great little B&B, so we are looking forward to it....just trying to keep busy and get lots of trips in before our lives will change forever (I for one can hardly wait:))

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I could not agree more about our lives changing (for the better).I can't wait for that either.Riz and I are really looking forward to seeing you all in Savannah.

    I am glad to hear you had good weather for your trip. The house you stayed in sounds really nice. How cute are highchairs and pint size adirondack chairs....

    ReplyDelete