6.07.2006

5 months down

Friday will mark five months since our dossier was logged in. I have to say that the time has truly flown by! It’s funny how time does that, especially when you look ahead toward something that seems so far away, and then in the blink of an eye, it’s not only there, it’s over. I hope that the next 5-7 months go just as quickly, since it looks like dossier to referral times are getting close to a year. I can wait however long I need to, but I hope and pray that the wait does not go past 18 months. That will be a little harder to get through.

We are doing lots of things to fill the time before Lily Kate arrives. This Saturday, we leave for a week at the beach with family – Jonathan’s brothers, their wives and kids – 10 of us in all. This is our first foray into a family vacation, but I think we will have a great time and create some wonderful memories. We are really looking forward to it. After we get back, no more trips for a while…we need to get started on the nursery and finish about a dozen other house projects – why is a house never “done”?


BTW, we now have a guestbook on the blog, so if you don't care to comment on specific posts and just want to say hello, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on guestbook. I like to know who's been here :)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 5 months! I hope the rest goes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 5 month anniversary!! Decorating the nursery is going to be fun- keep us updated with pictures of your progress on your blog. I love seeing all the cute and creative ideas that other people come up with for their baby's nurseries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 5 months!!!!
    I know something that can help pass the time - come to our adopting families get together at our house in west Ga. Aug. 5th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 5 months. Just think you could be almost 1/2 way done with the wait. Wouldn't that be great???

    ReplyDelete