8.13.2006

Nothing and everything

So, I haven't posted in over two weeks and I guess it's because we have no news to report, along with the fact that I have been going through a rough spot lately. I can't really expound on it here, but it's hard and I am doing my best to get through. When I come out on the other side I will tell you all about it (if you're interested), but right now I just can't.


We just crossed over the seven-month mark and still no end in sight. When we started we were told six to eight months to a referral and of course, there is no chance of that any longer. We will be lucky (and blessed!) if we hear from China in the New Year. We are doing our best to stay focused on what we will have at the end of this long journey - our baby girl - and a new life as a family of three. That keeps us going and gives us everything to be hopeful and grateful for.

5 comments:

  1. Susan, Hang in there I am thinking of you during this hard time. We will make it to the end of this long hard journey and we will begin the next part of the journey together. I am always here if you need to talk or just want someone to listen to you that understands.

    Susan R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you could use a vacation. Come to NY! I hope things turn around for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Susan! I'm sorry you are feeling low.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are going through a rough patch. I know all too well how that can be. Hope things look up soon. I know this probably doesn't help, but seven months sounds wonderful. I still don't have my LID yet. Hopefully soon. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wait is agonizing and painful. Sometimes it is downright unbearable. I used to look at the clock and as I watched the seconds tick slowly by my only consolation was that each second was one second closer to our baby. The only things that really helped me were trying to find something, anything to keep busy, and informing myself about the process through people, books, and blogs ( I should have read more while I had the time!). Surround yourself with comfort and indulge yourself in things that make you smile and laugh. Lily Kate will be worth the wait. :)

    hope this helps a little. ((hugs))
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete