8.26.2006

Some nursery progress

We haven't done anything to the nursery as far as painting or decorating, but we did acquire one rather important piece of furniture...the crib!!

My parents got it for us a few weeks ago. It was already put together and took a little finagling to get through the doors, but here it is in all its glory. It's a little hard to tell, but it's actually painted a really pale blue and it looks beautiful with the bedding, which of course, I just had to try out right away.

You have to use your imagination for the walls, since they are currently yellow. I want to install white bead board and trim on the bottom half and paint the top some shade of pink (maybe a deep rose?). Anyway, still working all that out, but I have to say that I get a little flutter every time I pass by the room and see that crib sitting there.

We are so grateful to my parents for doing this for us and we look forward to tucking Lily Kate in at night and seeing her sweet face looking up at us each morning.

5 comments:

  1. Susan, I am so glad to see you post this I have been dying to see Lily Kate’s crib. It is very sweet and very feminine. The bedding is pink; I thought you were getting a shade of blue? Either way it is very sweet I love it. The room is going to look great with the bead board and the pink walls.

    I get the same flutter when looking at Sophia's room, it is the best, enjoy it :)

    Susan R

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crib is adorable. I can't wait to see the rest of the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty.
    glad your back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok-wow!!
    I stumbled upon your blog by searching Google and I have to say-wow.
    1. My husband and I are adopting from China (DTC, not LID yet)
    2. We are naming our daughter Lili
    3. We have the SAME crib--which is the crib of my dreams
    4. We are going to install white beadboard 1/2 way up her bedroom wall and paint the walls above it pink too.
    Strange how we have so much in common (on paper anyway!)
    Just thought I'd share that with you and tell you that you have EXCELLENT taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan
    Glad to see you back. The crib is lovely especially since we have the same one in white. Great taste.

    When we put our first crib together. We had to take it apart and put it back together in the room. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete