10.30.2006

My favorite time of year

I love fall - the colors changing, the nip in the air, making big pots of soup, the smell of freshly-baked cookies, pulling out favorite sweaters, and wearing boots with everything. I am just not a warm weather person and am so thankful and relieved when the cool air blows in (especially living in the sweltering South).

Halloween has become one of my favorite parts of the fall season since we have been throwing this great big, Family Fun Night at church; we had such a great time last night. I hope to have some pictures in a day or two, but I was so busy running around organizing and delegating and visiting, that I didn't take any myself...not one.

Thanksgiving is also part of what makes the season so special to me. It is about being with family and friends, enjoying great food, and taking stock in what truly matters. It is my very favorite holiday.

How about you, what is your favorite part of fall?

2 comments:

  1. Right there with ya sister !!!!!!!
    I really dislike the heat and love that first day you can tell summer is gone, when the air has a little coolness to it. Free Air conditioning it’s a wonderful thing. I love the same things you do. My best warm sweater, big pots of hearty soup, making those holiday cookies with friends, Halloween in the best neighborhood ever for Halloween (full of houses 100 years old), I love the how quiet it is outside in the fall no crickets, no frogs just quiet.

    You are right about Thanksgiving a time to be thankful for what you have and bless others who may have less then you.

    Love Ya Susan and Riz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand the heat and the humiditiy here in Ga. either. I LOVE the fall. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
    Fav. part of fall?
    Building fires, watching the kids roast marshmallows, raking leaves - watching the kids and dogs run through the leave piles, the smell of the air, the color of the changing leaves, oh - I an go on and on...

    ReplyDelete