9.17.2007

Nice Matters (just like our Mom's always told us...)

  1. "This award is for bloggers who are nice people, good blog friends, and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also, for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world”.

    Thank you to my sweet friend Susan R who nominated me for this. She is one of the wonderful friends I have made on this adoption journey, and J and I are so excited to be traveling with Susan and her husband Riz to China for our girls (we are with the same agency). We have been lucky enough to meet and spend several weekends together (I will post about our recent one soon), and they are fun, easy-going and a pleasure to be with. We are going to have a great time in China together! We never thought we’d still be waiting, but meeting and getting to know people such as the Rizzo’s has made all of this much easier to deal with. Susan is one of the most thoughtful, caring people I know, and I have told her several times that she is the team “Mom” in our travel group – she is just that kind of person. Susan, you are going to be an amazing Mom to Sophia and I can't wait to see you and Riz meet her for the 1st time :)

    I have also been nominated by Cheri, who along with her husband Shane is getting soooo close to referral for their daughter Hope. Cheri and Shane are also using EAC as their agency and we can’t wait to follow their travels to bring Hope home. We got to spend some time with them down in Savannah earlier this year, and we look forward to seeing them again at a future “GOLF” reunion, or at an EAC picnic. They are special people who are going to make spectacular parents. Thank you Cheri for the nomination and for always having a kind and encouraging word!

    In turn, I am to nominate 7 other bloggers, so I will try to choose people who haven’t been picked yet, but someone else may beat me to the punch! I know a couple of these lovely ladies, but most I have never met, just followed online and shared a comment or email with along the way. Here they are:

    Julie at Emma and the Boys

    Magi at Kaffee Klatsch

    Amy at When Love Takes You In

    Wendy at Adoption and Fire

    Melissa at Awaiting Ava

    Alyson at Imagining Alyzabeth An

    Amy at Our Journey to Emily Grace

6 comments:

  1. you are too sweet, thank you my friend..Did you realize we are neighbors? I also live in the Atlanta area

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, Riz and I are so happy to have met you and J before our trip to China. We just love you guys and can't wait to become parents for the first time with you all. It means so much to us that we will be sharing that moment with two people that we just love. I know that our girls will benefit from the relationship that we have formed while we have been waiting. I am grateful for wait only because it has given us time to develop a lasting friendship.

    Thank you for saying all of those nice things about me. I will gladly be the Team Mom or at least our Team Mom LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! You are so sweet to do that. :o) You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sending you BIG FAT smooches!!!
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Susan. This is really sweet. Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,

    First of all, your blog looks great!!

    Secondly, thanks for all the sweet things that you said about Shane and I. We feel so fortunate to have met you and Jonathan. You are both WONDERFUL friends and you are going to be WONDERFUL parents to Lily Kate!! :)

    ReplyDelete