9.13.2007

Top 10 Baby Wish List

My good buddy Susan tagged me for this. Since we haven't had a shower or anything yet, there are still lots of things we need, so I could easily post more that 10, but these are among my most coveted - and they are in no particular order.


I definitely want a Mei Tai baby carrier. They come in the cutest colors and patterns and from what I have read, they are the most comfortable to wear - also great for promoting attachment.











One Step Ahead has the best gear for babies and my niece had one of these last summer on our family vacation and she loved it. This one has a shade as well, which is awesome.








These dresses made from vintage pillowcases are gorgeous - so simple and beautiful. I can just see LK on the beach, or a garden, wearing this dress for a photo shoot :)








Since most baby announcements are geared towards those who just gave birth, I really like the adoption announcements on this web site. They are very sweet and I particularly like this one that uses all black and white shots.













I really like the idea of a reversible stroller and this is my favorite so far- made by Bugaboo. I just think having the baby facing me makes more sense - especially during the first few months we are home with Lily Kate and attachment is key. It's not only reversible, it's lightweight and easy to fold and store.





Since I am an 80's girl, I dig these rockin' t-shirts and onesies for babies. Gotta have a Blondie shirt for LK, and maybe a Ramones one as well:)












Once we get her to start sleeping in her own room, this will come in handy. It'll also be great for nap time - and it's wireless - how cool is that?








I research everything I buy exhaustively, and all roads lead to Britax for car seat safety. This is something you can't scrimp on and the bonus is all the cute patterns they come in. I am still torn between this one and the cow pattern.















I love these adorable Asian inspired growth charts. We used to write directly on the wall, but this is a much better idea, cause you can take it with you when you move!
















And I have wanted some of these headbands since I first saw them on another China Mom's blog. They are just too freakin' cute, especially when you have a baby with little or no hair.

3 comments:

  1. what a fun list! My friends started a buisness this year making those pillow dresses and other things and she is very inexpensive./

    ENjoyed reading your wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan I love everything on your list some of which are on my list too. I have a friend who has a few of the head bands and they are adorable and the announcements she also used and they are BEAUTIFUL... Great choices... I can't wait to start shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I brought Libby Mei home from China in June, 2006. We have the Mei Tai, the Mobi Cam, The Bugaboo stroller, the baby float, and the headbands from Jamie Rae hats! I LOVE all of these products (though the mobi cam gets little use, since she sleeps with us now. And, as the mother of 5 children, who has bought many stollers over the years, my advice is just to invest in the bugaboo up front. It is great! It can be used on children much older than other strollers, and they CANNOT wrangle out of it. I did use the mei tai only at first though, waiting for a good bit before I put Libby into a stroller. We have the same taste! Erin (www.myadoptionwebsite.com/libby)

    ReplyDelete