10.23.2007

Limbo

I am in an odd place --emotionally speaking-- at the moment. On one hand, we are starting to glimpse a dim light at the end of the (long) tunnel, but I still feel so much in limbo, not knowing when we will see LK's face and begin planning our trip to bring her home. I get all excited one minute, only to come crashing down the next when I think about the worst-case scenario, and how long we might still have to wait.

About mid-month, I start to think about the next batch of referrals, and despite my best efforts, I am once again stalking Rumor Queen, trying to find something - anything - out. It is so unbelievable to me that we are going to pass the two-year mark before we travel to China. I just wish there was some way to know for sure when it will happen, to have an answer when people ask "Any news?", and look puzzled when I say "Not yet", for the umpteenth time. Any information is better than none, even the kind we don't want to hear, and I just wish we knew something concrete.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand what you're feeling, up one minute, then back down the next. One thing is for sure, we ARE getting closer and will be there soon!!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post could have come from my mouth! I can honestly say I know how you feel. Our day is coming, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete