1.11.2008

Two long

I have been trying to come up with something profound, or funny, or meaningful, to say about the fact that we just reached two years in our wait for Lily Kate, but for the life of me, just can't. As I've said before, we never imagined that we would still be here, hoping and praying for a referral, but life is never quite as we expect, is it?


I was really struggling with this a couple of days ago and turned to my friends in a online group of families using the same agency as us.   I was feeling really down and they had just the right words to restore my failing hope, faith and sanity.  I am so grateful for these wise, warm and witty women.  I really hope that we have the chance to meet at an upcoming agency picnic and take the photo we have talked about, with all our families together.  Knowing I can open up to these ladies has made a big difference during this wait. 

And then there's Susan...an inspiration and comfort, someone who understands perfectly what I am going through and always has the right words when I need encouragement.  I hope you know how often you and Riz are in our thoughts and prayers and we pray for Sophia as we do for our own sweet daughter; they are waiting for us, together, somewhere in China.

So, nothing monumental or earth-shattering to say about this milestone, just here we are, still waiting to see her face.  In our heart of hearts we know that it will happen this year, and all this pain and frustration will fade away when she is in our arms at last; we can hold on for that. We know she is out there and needs us, and God's time will be perfect and His grace sufficient to keep us going until then. 

8 comments:

  1. (((Hugs to you))) I can relate all too well with the 24 month wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, Thank you for your kind words. I have to say that you are really my inspiration though. You are always so sweet and understanding. We WILL make it to China for our girls and in the mean time I feel very lucky to call you friend...

    Hugs and Love
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wait just stinks. I am so sorry it's taking so long. I'm also sorry we missed you on our visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry this is taking y'all so long. I hate the horrid pace that things are going. I hope that Lily Kate and Sophia make it home soon! They have great parents waiting to give them lots of love.

    I love you and I hate that you are going through this terrible pain!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan & Jonathan,

    I'm so sorry that you reached your two year anniversary since your LID and Lily Kate is still not home. Just know that she WILL be here this year and this wait will one day be behind you.

    Hang in there and know that you have lots of friends that are thinking about you and praying for Lily Kate to be in your arms very soon!!

    Hugs,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're a little late on the Congrats but never with our thoughts and prayers as you make your way through the "Wait".

    peace
    ac & fm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Susan....We are praying for Lily Kate, and you and Jonathan. But now you are closer than ever before. I know you have heard it a thousand times, but God already knows who Lily Kate is and where she is. He is holding her in His righteous right hand until you can get to her. He ordained her to be you daughter before the beginning of time. And she is yours - and the wait is the vessel that unites you to the daughter that has been chosen for you. It will be soon and the waiting will be worth it. Soon the 2 years will be part of Lily Kate's story of her past, before uniting with her mom and dad. Much Love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete