4.27.2008

6 years

Today is our 6th Anniversary and for the first time since we have been married, we are at home for the occasion.  We went to Rosemary Beach for our 1st anniversary and have been going there ever since.  We love it so much there, we go again at least once more each year, usually in October. But, since we have a big trip coming up soon (China!!!), we decided to stay home this year.  Our plans today include church this a.m., reservations for lunch, followed by some flower-planting and clean-up in the garden.  That last part is not so romantic, but our house is finally going on the market this week and we need to add some extra curb appeal for those listing photos.  We don't mind being at home this year, since our referral is right around the corner, but we are missing the beach this weekend.  We do plan on heading there in October and look forward to letting LilyKate get her first taste of sun, sand and water.  Every trip there we have talked about how much fun we will have with her along, and how we can't wait to share that, and so many other new adventures, with her.  I have talked before about what an incredible dad Jonathan will be and I do believe that this wait and all this preparation will make us both better parents.  I know we will appreciate the experiences more having waited and treasure all our moments with our daughter, just as we have done with each other the past two+  years, knowing our couple time was limited.

 

Happy Anniversary my love.  Being with you is all I imagined, wanted, hoped for and more!  I look forward to how our life will change and grow as a family in the weeks, months and years ahead.  I love you!

9 comments:

  1. It's your last anniversary as a "twosome"! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan and Jonathan

    Happy Anniversary. Have a wonderful day together dreaming about what us yet to come.
    We love you
    Susan and Riz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. The beach is going to be so much more fun the next time you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!

    Trust me, China is way better than any ol'beach! And you will enjoy the beach so much better with her, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! Did I miss a post about you moving? Do tell....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I just wanted to pop over and let you know that I am thinking of you at this time.

    I wish you the best. I know once you see that sweet LilyKate's face, you will know why...

    Best wishes to your family!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy "Belated" Anniversary!! :)

    Love,
    Cheri, Shane & Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am getting so excited! Even though we haven't met, I have followed your blog, and have been cheering for you! Hold on... you are about to fall hopelessly in love!

    ReplyDelete