6.11.2008

On our way

Just a few quick words before we call it a night...

Our two suitcases and carry-on's are packed and zipped and loaded in the car.  I'm going to take a quick shower before bed, which I am hoping will relax me, although I'm not sure how much sleep I will get tonight.  Every night for the past 2 1/2 years, I have thought about the moment when they hand us our daughter...and then once we got our referral, daughters.  In the last few moments before I fall asleep, I play out that scene in my head - how it will happen, and how we will all react. I have lived it every way I can think of and yet I am sure it will be nothing like I imagined. It is unbelievable that we are finally just hours away from beginning our trip and a mere few days from living the moment we have longed for all this time. I thank God that we have been blessed to be able to do this, to become parents to these two gorgeous babies and to live our dream, and I know when the moment comes, it will be greater and more astonishing than anything we could ever conceive.

11 comments:

  1. Hello! I am a recent lurker who found your website through a friend. We adopted our daughter from China in 2006 from Jiangxi Province. You are going to have an amazing journey. I wish you all the best. Your daughters are beautiful!! Can't wait to watch you hold them. Safe travels... enjoy the trip! Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every moment of your amazing trip. Remember to stop and take it all in. Really. If you don't actually force yourself to really think about it, it will all just be over in an instant.

    We would love to come meet you in the airport in Chicago on your way home if you have any layover at all. Let me know. :)

    Have a fabulous time!!

    Kristi

    www.tolmanstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan and Jonathan,
    May God bless you on your trip.
    Best of luck to you both on bringing your 2 beautiful daughters HOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,

    It will be more wonderful than in your dreams -- not long now!

    I'm right behind you -- we'll be in Nanchang on June 23 to meet our daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are also in Ga (Kennesaw) and we are soooooo excited for you!!

    cant wait for that first family picture

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so exciting! Your dream is coming true! have a safe trip and ENJOY every moment you are there. Take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and safe journeys! Can't wait to see you holding your girls.

    Kind regards from Miami,

    Carol and Taylor
    http://mischiefandmermaids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soooo happy for you both. I have been following your blog for a while now, this is the really amazing part. :) Can't wait to see those girls in your arms.

    Take care and have a safe trip.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. As crazy as your life is about to become, remember to write about each day. Otherwise, it will all become a blur. Jim and I are both so happy to have our record of our trip.

    And congrats on getting some sleep. We stayed up all night. I knew there was no way I was sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We adopted our daughter, Grace, from Shanggao on September 11, 2005. We had an excellent time in China, and especially enjoyed our time in Jiangxi. The tour to Shanggao was wonderful. Mr. Wu is a wonderful man. Please tell him hi from Larry, Marianne, Sarah, and Grace (Shang Guan Ying).

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Whitleys are praying for your safe journey to and from China. We have followed your blog for more than a year now, and we are ecstatic that you are going to see your twins in just a few short days. We can't wait until we are able to go to your blog and see beautiful pictures of you with your daughters!!!

    Jim & Kristina
    Woodstock, GA

    ReplyDelete