6.30.2008

We're home

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we are at home (arrived back around midnight Thursday after a long, exhausting trip home, so happy to see so many family members and friends at the airport) and doing well.  The jet lag was brutal for a few days and we are just starting to settle into a routine...sort of... The girls are doing well and adjusting slowly.  They get cuter by the second.  I want to go back and do a recap of our whole trip soon, since I had such trouble posting from China.  I plan on using this site in lieu of a scrapbook, so I want to capture the details and have it to look back on in the future.  I will do that soon, but right now, we are trying to get the sleeping and eating patterns straight and make the girls feel as comfortable and secure as possible.  I can't even imagine what these past two weeks have been like for them...today is two weeks since we got them and so much has changed in all our lives.  Tomorrow is their 1st Birthday, but we are keeping things very low key and may plan a little celebration later on.  We will venture out a bit this coming weekend, but until then, we'll be at home, slowly introducing them to family and friends.  So far, they are not happy to meet our dog Henry, in fact, they burst into tears at the mere sight of him, but we hope that will change over time.  We are so glad to be home again!  Thank you all for all the wonderful, supportive and sweet emails and comments.  We appreciate you all!

15 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Happy 1st Birthday to Eleanor & LilyKate! Your baby girls are so cute! You have a wonderful family.

    Best wishes, Cindy

    P.S. I found your blog through the Rumor Queen site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...I've been checking in and wondering if you were home...I thought that you probably were! What an accomplishment to get those two precious girls home! I am much impressed that you found the time to post! I am sure I am one of many who can't wait to see pictures and hear all about the fun you're having...but I know right now things are very hectic! The girls are just as darling as they can be...Happy Birthday to them both! It is so special that you have them home to celebrate!

    God bless you all!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you are home! Can't wait for a glimpse of the cuties. Welcome to America Eleanor & Lilykate. And Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Home! And thanks for the update!
    So happy that you have famiy close by to help you.
    Happy First Birthday to Eleanor and LilyKate!
    and Happy 4th of July!
    Trena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to two beautiful girls. We are so thankful you are home where you belong. We can't wait for their first day at church.
    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Eleanor and LilyKate... it is great to hear that you all got home safe and sound... take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. We saw Jonathan Sunday as we were driving home. He was strolling the girls and looking pretty worn out! But the girls were gorgeous! They wouldn't smile for me - they mostly stared at Lucy - but as soon as Jonathan said something to LilyKate she was all grins. How blessed you are - how blessed they are....
    Let us know if you need help with anything - wanna take a nap? We'll come sit with the girls! Wanna grocery shop? Let us know...
    Melinda Sileo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday cute, sweet girls! A great gift for your parents would be sleep :)

    We are so glad you are home and can't wait to play together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your beautiful girls and welcome home. We look forward to hearing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home, y'all!!

    Happy, wonderful, blessed First B'day, LK & E!!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Eleanor and LilyKate! Can't wait to see you at Morgan's party this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to have y'all back in the ATL! I felt like I got hit by a tractor trailer that first weekend home... I can't imagine that x 2. Your girls are precious and I hope our paths will cross one day! Our Lilly is from Jiangxi Province and will be 1 next month! Take good care & CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Amy in LaGrange, GA

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I have taken a HUGE break from blogging, I return and to my surprise you guys have Beautiful TWINS!! How doubly blessed you are!!! I am so very happy for you!!! Emily Grace and I definitely want to meet them one day!!! I have tears dwelling in my eyes!!! So thrilled for you!!!!!!
    Enjoy this bliss,
    Amy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    I have enjoyed following your blog and your girls are super adorable! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i somehow came across your blog looking for cupcake decorating ideas. Your little girls are so adorable, you make a beautiful family. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete