7.10.2008

Settling in

I know all of you are dying to hear how LilyKate and Eleanor are doing and see some pictures. All I can say is getting a schedule down and finding even a few minutes to myself throughout the day is hard - harder than I thought. Then, by the time Jonathan comes home from work, we eat dinner, bathe and put the girls down, and we are both ready for bed ourselves, but they are doing so well adjusting to their new lives. We had a great visit to the UAB International Adoption Clinic - although getting blood drawn was pretty traumatic for all of us - we made it through. We have some things to work on as far as development, but that is to be expected and we are more than able to tackle them. We will get the blood test results in a few weeks and we have an appointment with our new pediatrician scheduled for July 31st.

My parents have been a tremendous help since we've been home. My mom has not only been here to help me with the girls, but has also cooked us dinners, gone grocery shopping, and come along on several trips to Target. I could not have managed without her!

Anyway, here are some pics taken in the last week or so. The girls have been introduced to most of our family and friends since they have been home and have loved meeting everyone. Every day that passes they grow more comfortable, their personalities continue to emerge, and we just love them more and more. Being parents is all we hoped it would be and more than we expected. We can hardly remember what our life was before they came along.




LilyKate playing with cousins Travis and Morgan


Gran and Eleanor


Laughing Sisters (LilyKate left, Eleanor right)


Grandpa Jack is silly!


The Two Eleanor's


Tris and Lex and the girls


LilyKate and Grandpa


Grandma and Eleanor


Adorable


Grandpa Bob and LilyKate after church


Grandma Irene and Eleanor


The shirts say it all


The Adorable Miss E


The Lovely LK


17 comments:

  1. WOW. I can hardly believe how damn cute they are. Seriously, you have beautiful amazing girls. Please know how blessed you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure how it is possible but they are even cuter then I remeber them being while we were in China. Can you believe Monday will be one month sice we were so blessed...

    Hugs
    we miss you
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Gosh, they're sooo cute. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that the girls are adjusting so well to their new home. They are GORGEOUS!!!!! When you have a chance, please e-mail me and let me know what agency you went through. My hubby and I are thinking about adoption after 4 years of infertility. Thank you!
    Kristina in GA
    kpwhitley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, love the adorable pictures! Little sweeties. Welcome home and best wishes settling into a smooth routine. (I feel like going to bed just minutes after our girls all the time. I think it's just my new reality now. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan & Jonathan,

    Thanks for sharing the WONDERFUL pictures of LilyKate & Eleanor. They are so adorable and SOOOOO identical...LOL

    Can't wait to continue seeing more and more pics of them in their new home!!

    Hugs,
    Cheri, Shane & Hope

    ReplyDelete
  7. they have the cutest expressions...especially in the picture of them in the "twins rock" shirts....too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. change that...I just looked at the photos again...their expressions are cute in all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are Oh so adorable!!! I love thier little round heads and little tooth grins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your girls are beautiful and look so happy! Love their matching t-shirts... you are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so precious! Thank you for sharing them with us who are still waiting. Congratulations to all four of you. What a beautiful family !

    Huge hugs,
    Lori & Andy Hilton
    LID: 2/16/06 .....almost there !

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see pictures!! I can't get over how much they've grown. And the teeth sprouting!!!

    Enjoy this time!!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. we were worried about ya"!!!
    welcome home and God Bless.......they are stupendous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,
    Your daughter's are so cute! I am glad things are going well for you at home.
    Take Care,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic photos! And I am loving all their adorable clothes! Isn't it so much fun to shop for twins?

    Glad to see that E and LK look very happy and healthy. Hang in there, it will definitely get easier. Those first couple of weeks home were a doozy.

    ReplyDelete