9.04.2008

10 Days

That's how long it's been since I last posted! I am sorry, but the main reason can be explained, I think, by the following photo:



Yes, it's finally happened - the girls are on the move. LilyKate started crawling last Monday night and Eleanor was not far behind when she started on Friday afternoon, just minutes after we arrived in North Carolina. We were out of town for a retreat we take every year and weren't sure how the girls would do...they were wonderful! They slept well, crawled everywhere, played with family and friends and had a great time.

So, as you can imagine, it's a whole new ball game now they are mobile. We haven't really baby-proofed the house, but will be getting that done this weekend, as they are into everything now. The past few days both of them have had some sort of stomach bug, so I've been knee-deep in dirty diapers and soiled clothes - fun stuff.  I hope tomorrow finds them feeling better.  

Below are a few shots from our weekend away and a couple from this week.  I can see them change with every day that passes...my babies won't  be babies for much longer!



The Eleanor's sharing an early morning laugh


LilyKate liked waking up and hanging outside on the rocking chair


Ready for breakfast - I love how their hands are in this picture.


Aunt Shelby and LK


Waiting for the Sunday night service to start. The girls loved every second and danced and clapped to the music.


They both love to hold your hands like this and walk, especially in their squeaky shoes.


Conked out on the way home.


They both slept most of the four-hour drive home!


LilyKate looks so grown up to me in this shot - and so beautiful.


Eleanor just gets cuter every single day!

11 comments:

  1. They are such cuties! I can't believe they are crawling already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pix! Glad y'all had fun. Ava has a stomach bug right now too...we have had some nasty situations over here the last couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no stopping these two... hehe... gorgeous photos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear everyone had a good trip.

    Cute, cute pics! They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are looking so adorable. They're going to keep you running. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos! And you are in for it now with them crawling! Two words: baby gates.

    Keep the precious photos coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonathan says hi. haha He sits with me and I read to him what is new with the girls and he waves to them and says hi. They get more precious every set of pictures you post, can't wait to meet them. Shanon and Baby Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I just found your blog through The Pixel Fairy Princess. Your girls are beautiful!! Those cute little cheeks are adorable! I'm going to have to rad more and see where they are from. My daughter is from Guangxi. We have been home just a little bit longer than you. I'm looking forward to reading more about your family.

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are adorable!!!

    Alyson
    LID 01/27/06
    Travel 09/11/08!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Twins are such gifts, they are so precious

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how big they're getting...I only noticed it in the pics of you guys in church - they're huge!!!

    ReplyDelete