4.11.2012

day 103 - an (extra)ordinary day

Yesterday, the girls and I were in the kitchen. They were eating at the counter, as they often do, and I was cleaning up. Eleanor suddenly asked me, "Mom, does Jesus really live in my heart?" I told her that He does if you ask Him, and after the three of us talked for a few minutes about what that means, I asked them, "Girls, do you want to say a little prayer and ask Jesus to come live inside you?" They enthusiastically said "Yes", but then got a little shy and self-conscious, so I said, "How about I pray and you say the words after me?" And that's just what we did. In the kitchen, at the counter, with plates of food and sticky fingers and faces. We prayed together and my heart was so full of love for these precious girls and my God. I told them that He was always there for them, whenever they needed or wanted to talk to Him, and that they would never be alone.

Thinking about it later, I was floored by the sweetness and innocence of their hearts and their willingness to trust God. I know they don't really get it, but they will and I pray that they hold fast to Him throughout their lives, and that they never for a second forget that He is for them.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6






Note: These pictures are actually from today. I didn't dare tarnish the moment by grabbing my camera and snapping them yesterday.

1 comment: