7.17.2012

day 201 - fledglings

We have another nest of fledglings in the corner of our front porch. This time, there are three little finches, and they are getting so big - they will surely be leaving the nest soon. I don't even know how three birds can fit in this nest, but at night, they snuggle down tight and you can barely see their heads peeking out at the top. The girls and I love to watch them, and we usually check as we come downstairs first thing, and then anytime we pass by the from door. Sometimes we are lucky and see the mama or daddy bird feeding them, which usually sends me running for my camera. I have to take the pics through the window, so as not to scare them. Sometimes the nearest thing is my camera phone, so the quality is not great. Can't wait to see what happens when they are ready to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment